We hope you find the online ordering feature of this website a convenient way to purchase your garden ferns.
We accept major credit cards online via Square or you can send us a personal cheque by mail.
Square is a safe and easy way to pay us without revealing your financial details. Square uses the latest in data encryption and anti-fraud technology to keep your information secure, reducing the risk of online fraud.
Order by Snail Mail
Maybe you prefer to ponder your purchase over a printable order form and mail it to us? That still works for us! We accept orders with personal cheques or credit card payment through the mail.
Just print our Fernwood Order Form, fill it out with your selections, and contact us for shipping rates.
Once you’ve received the shipping rates from us then send the order form by mail along with your payment.
Terms and Conditions
We guarantee our plants are true to name and healthy when shipped. If you receive a plant different than what you ordered we will correct the error. We cannot guarantee the ongoing health of plants after they have left our care. Please refer to our catalogue or contact us if you have questions about caring for your new ferns.
Our production system means plants are subject to the full extremes of Nova Scotia’s climate. As a result, despite our best efforts and predictions, some lots may not be available come spring. While we rarely loose plants over winter, for some marginally hardy varieties, it can happen if temperatures dip extremely low or fluctuate through many freeze-thaw cycles. If this happens we will let you know as soon as possible so you can choose substitutes or a refund.
- Prices and availability are subject to change.
- Prices are determined by the level of challenge to propagate and the amount of time required to produce each variety.
- Only plants with prices noted are available at this time. We always have new plants on the go, which we post on the “Our Plants” section of our website (www.fernwoodplantnursery.ca). Contact us directly to learn more about what’s up-and-coming.
Online orders may be paid by major credit card or by Paypal. You can also send us a cheque or money order made out to Fernwood Plant Nursery.
To reserve your plants, we will bill your credit card or cash your cheque as soon as your order is received.
If for some reason we cannot fill part or all of your order, we will refund that part of your payment.
- Only plants in 9-10cm pot sizes are available for shipping. Larger pot sizes are available for purchase and pick-up at regional sales, Fernwood Plant Nursery open houses, and by appointment.
- Plants are shipped only when we are certain the weather is not too cold or hot, generally from May-June and September-October.
- Plants are shipped after payment has been processed.
- We ship only within Canada via Canada Post Expedited Service, at cost. Shipping costs are calculated automatically for online orders. If you’re ordering by Snail Mail, please contact us for shipping rates.
Picking up your plants and visiting us
You’re welcome to pick up your plants at our nursery. Just select “Local pickup (free)” during checkout and then contact us to make an appointment.
While we’re not able to offer individual design consultations over phone/email, we’re always glad to answer any questions you have about our plants and how to order them. Email us at email@example.com.